The World You Think is Outside
The world is negative, cruel and worthless, and when you hate yourself the negative things about the world becomes you and you sadly become the world.
These 21 African Proverbs will remind you the negative world on the outside does not reflect your positive beautiful inner you.
Like many people, you can be your own worst enemy; your negative thoughts about yourself may be so automatic that you do not even notice them.
Many things affect the way you feel about yourself and having unrealistic expectations may have you falling short of your expectations producing negative, cruel and worthless feelings about you.
Twenty-one African Proverbs to remind you that you are beautiful inmost to your soul.
1. One who seeks for peace gives peace to others.
2. A tree that bears fruits is the one stones are thrown at.
3. Although floodwaters may gather many things on the way, it does not always take them to its destination.
4. Wisdom is better than strength.
5. A silver key can open an iron lock.
6. As is the garden, such is the gardener.
7. The ladle cannot serve anything if the pot is empty.
8. One shoe does not fit every foot.
9. The tree which was planted by God, passing storms cannot blow it down.
10. Do not say a day was bad while there is still day light.
11. He who delays in the toilet will smell badly.
12. A hyena that bites a cow will do it again.
13. Do not let your hair be shaved with a blunt blade.
14. A house that is broken in its foundation cannot be repaired and maintain standing.
15. What prevents you from sleeping comes from within.
16. No one breathes with the nose of another person.
17. He who rejects you puts you in a better place.
18. Sadness made the hare die in its own den.
19. You know someones true character during famine.
20. A good tree grows among others.
21. Do not look after your neighbor’s cow better than your own.
|The ladle cannot serve anything if the pot is empty.|
Explaining the African proverb - The ladle cannot serve anything if the pot is empty.
This African proverb teaches new knowledge and skill is dependent on preexisting knowledge and skill and if you were never taught to love yourself how can you give love to the world. Fill your pot with love, share happiness with the world but remember to constantly fill your pot with positive African proverbs so your ladle is never empty and your pot always remains full of self-love, joy and positivity. Some places and people in the world may indeed be negative, cruel and worthless but you remain positive, pleasant and valuable regardless.
More African Proverbs from the motherland.
- Your Attitude African Proverbs
- What is an African Proverb
- Do not invite evil to sit at your table then cry
- Mean Coworkers African Proverbs
- Having Faith African Proverbs