Travel African by Train
About train safaris across Africa
Traveling across Africa by way of train safari is luxury and unique.
The most luxurious train carriage of South Africa's Rovos Rail is the Blue Train. It has private two-person compartments and runs between Cape Town and Pretoria and costs for a deluxe suite start at 15,155 rands, about $1,500 US Dollars per person printed after the year 2001.
The 15-day 3,025-mile private rail tour aboard Rovos Rail ultimate luxury trek is from Cape Town South Africa to Dar es Salaam Tanzania. Rovos Rail, the Pride of Africa, stretches across South Africa and Botswana touches Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls, and crosses Zambia to Tanzania.
Rovos Rail offers many extravagant train safari journeys across Africa from 2-15 days.
· Cape Town to Pretoria – 2 days
· Pretoria to Durban – 2 days
· Pretoria to Victoria Falls – 3 days
· Winter Warmer Cape Town to St James – 4 days
· Pretoria to Namibia – 9 days
· African Golf Collage between Pretoria, Kruger Park, Durban to Cape Town – 9-10 days
· Golf Safari – 9 days
· Durban to Victoria falls including Fairmont Zimbali, Fire and Ice and Victoria Falls Hotel – 11 days
· Cape Town to Dar es Salaam – 15 days
|Africa Luxurious train safari Africa Rovos Rail|
Rovos Rail luxury train was involved in an accident April 21, 2010, when train carriages ran away for 12 miles from Centurion Station and derailed at Pretoria.
Three people were killed and seven were seriously injured. Rohan Vos says, “It’s wonderful to see that, despite ups and downs, Rovos Rail is doing so well and has helped preserve much of our railway history.”
From the Mountains to the Sea, Africa’s luxurious train safari across sub-Saharan Africa in a private rail tour. The Pride of Africa signature train journey is Cape Town to Dar es Salaam; its lavish and romantic meander through Africa is a once in a lifetime adventure.