About African Train Safaris
Luxurious train safari across sub-Saharan Africa
|Africa Luxurious train|
Rovos Rail also known as The Pride of Africa is a restored luxury vintage steam train company with a unique 3,000-mile journey across sub-Saharan Africa. Rohan Vos with a locomotive and seven carriages started the Rovos Rail company on April 29, 1989.
The most luxurious train carriage of South Africa's Rovos Rail is the Blue Train. It has private two-person compartments and runs between Cape Town and Pretoria and costs for a deluxe suite start at 15,155 rands, about $1,500 US Dollars per person printed after the year 2001.
The 15-day 3,025-mile private rail tour aboard Rovos Rail ultimate luxury trek is from Cape Town South Africa to Dar es Salaam Tanzania. Rovos Rail, the Pride of Africa, stretches across South Africa and Botswana touches Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls, and crosses Zambia to Tanzania.
|Train safari across sub-Saharan Africa|
· Cape Town to Pretoria – 2 days
· Pretoria to Durban – 2 days
· Pretoria to Victoria Falls – 3 days
· Winter Warmer Cape Town to St James – 4 days
· Pretoria to Namibia – 9 days
· African Golf Collage between Pretoria, Kruger Park, Durban to Cape Town – 9-10 days
· Golf Safari – 9 days
· Durban to Victoria falls including Fairmont Zimbali, Fire and Ice and Victoria Falls Hotel – 11 days
· Cape Town to Dar es Salaam – 15 days
|Africa Luxurious train safari Africa Rovos Rail|
Three people were killed and seven were seriously injured. Rohan Vos says, “It’s wonderful to see that, despite ups and downs, Rovos Rail is doing so well and has helped preserve much of our railway history.”
From the Mountains to the Sea, Africa’s luxurious train safari across sub-Saharan Africa in a private rail tour. The Pride of Africa signature train journey is Cape Town to Dar es Salaam; its lavish and romantic meander through Africa is a once in a lifetime adventure.