Life is Precious African Proverbs
African proverbs reaffirming we are all distinctive miracles of this universe and every moment of our life is precious.
25 African proverbs to affirm that all human life is precious and is to be valued and protected.
Though many African common sayings and proverbs seem simple to the common person and even coarse to the wisest and noblest of educators, there is complexity in simplicity.
1. The basket that was used to carry a precious gift to a neighbor will bring back another gift.
2. Whoever counts the mistakes of a friend will never love.
3. If you are filled with pride then you will have no room for wisdom.
4. If you close your eyes to facts, you will learn through accidents.
5. In the moment of crisis, the wise build bridges, and the foolish build dams.
6. Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.
7. The fool speaks, the wise man listens.
8. Wealth, if you use it, ends; learning, if you use it, increases.
9. One fly does not provide for another.
10. Communication does not work when two people speak at the same time.
11. Words are responsible for cutting down a big tree; the ax is only an instrument.
12. Postpone today's anger until tomorrow.
13. Curse has no cure.
14. The mouth is responsible for discord among people.
15. Who dies inside has lost.
16. A person’s values are not nullified by passing storms.
17. Fear and shame are father and son.
18. A fine cage will not feed the bird.
19. One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
20. There is no medicine to cure hatred.
21. War is fear cloaked in courage.
22. The wise chief does not eat from two sides.
23. The good-looking fruit could be rotten inside.
24. One should either become a pillar or lean against one.
25. People’s ideas helped to locate the snake.
One cannot both feast and become rich.