How to Cut a Mango | African Gourmet Basics
How to cut fresh mangos
1. Always judge when a mango is ripe by feel.
2. Wash the mango before cutting with warm water
3. After cutting thin slice from 1 end of mango, rest mango on trimmed bottom and cut off skin in thin strips, top to bottom.
4. Cut down along each side of flat pit to remove flesh.
5. Trim any remaining flesh off sides of pit. Once fruit is peeled and sliced, it can be chopped as desired.
Spicy Curry Mango Coconut Relish
1 cup diced ripe mango
1 tablespoon red pepper flake (optional)
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon ground curry
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon lime juice
1 cup plain yogurt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving. Use Spicy Curry Mango Coconut Relish in place of relish, mustard, ketchup and salsa.
More easy fresh fruit breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes to make right now so you never have to eat or prepare a boring meal again.
- Fresh Mango Leaf Tea
- How to Cook With Banana Leaves
- Seafood Green Banana Chutney
- Fruit of African Horned-Melon Explained
- Growing Apples In Africa