Lemon Greens Recipe
Most citrus groves in Egypt are located the North of the African country.
|Citrus is the main fruit crop in Egypt|
Egypt mainly sells to the Gulf, Russia and Europe. The Egyptian harvest is 2 months earlier than Spain and other Mediterranean countries.
Lemon Greens RecipeIngredients
1 bunch of your favorite greens cut in thin ribbons
1 crushed garlic clove
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
In large skillet, sauté garlic and onion in oil over a medium heat. Add greens and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat. Pour lemon juice over greens and season with salt and pepper.
How to select lemons· Choose medium to large lemons that are heavy for their size. The heaviness signifies lots of juice.
· Lemons should have a smooth firm surface. You can tell if the skin is smooth by touch but also it should look a little bit shiny.
· Avoid lemons that are wrinkly, soft, have bumpy and/or hard skin. These are signs that the lemon is old and decomposing.
Random Lemon Facts· Lemons are grown in both dry and humid environments and tolerate infertile, poor soil.
· Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, rich in minerals as calcium and potassium.
· Lemons have a shelf life ranging between 2 and 20 weeks.
· Lemons create one of nature's major sources of potassium.
· Lemons are technically berries.
· Lemon is an evergreen plant that belongs to the family Rutaceae.
· Lemons are nature’s top source of citric acid, a life essential found in the cells of all living creatures.
· Fresh squeezed lemon in a glass of water is said to cleanse the liver.
· Lemons are also believed to stimulate the metabolism.
· A halved lemon dipped in salt or baking powder can be used to brighten copper and silver cookware.