South African Golden Rhinoceros
|Golden Rhinoceros of Mapungubwe|
The famous South African city of Mapungubwe is pronounced as mah-poon-goob-weh. The graves of Mapungubwe royalty were buried in the upright seated position which is associated with royalty usually buried with a variety of gold and copper items, exotic glass beads, and other prestigious objects. These finds provide evidence not only of the early smelting of gold in southern Africa but of the extensive wealth and social differentiation of the people of Mapungubwe.
More links to articles you will find thought provoking.
- Dangerous Erupting Volcanoes of Africa
- Top 20 Largest Countries in Africa
- What is an African Proverb
- African Water Spirit Mami Wata
- Ancestors are Guardian Angels