Heqet the Egyptian goddess of childbirth
Heqet usually depicted with a frogs head holding an ankh is the Egyptian goddess of childbirth.
|Heqet, knelling, is the Egyptian goddess of childbirth|
Ancient Egypt’s climate was cooler and wetter. The appearance of frogs along the fertile banks of the Nile River, seasonally flooded agricultural land and canals and ditches were probably toads, the Damietta toad to be exact which s a small species of greenish grey Nile Delta toads.
More links to articles you will find thought provoking.
- Dangerous Erupting Volcanoes of Africa
- Top 20 Largest Countries in Africa
- What is an African Proverb
- African Water Spirit Mami Wata
- Ancestors are Guardian Angels