Listen to your Elders African Proverbs
Inspiring African proverbs from your ancestors
Listen to your elders
Listen to your elders African proverbs
|Eyes have seen it all|
1. You may deny that you were fed, but your body will tell.
2. Rivers flow into each other but stomach do not.
3. Food that is rejected at one place is accepted at another.
4. One greedy for food makes himself playful.
5. You cannot make new soups with old bones.
7. People who are on the verge of death do not hear the drum beat.
8. Those who do bad things, also die in a bad ways.
9. A bad life does not overwhelm the person who leads it.
10. The spider and the fly cannot make a bargain.
11. The body of wise man has eyes.
13. The tortoise can look up but cannot go up.
14. Lead a fool into the house but just show the path to the wise.
15. One should understand what happens in one’s absence by relating to what used to happen in one’s presence.
16. God is the companion of truth.
17. A wise man plans for tomorrow, a fool plans only for today.
18. One builds a house for the future, not for the past.
19. A good hunting dog cannot hunt down a lion.
20. What you see in yourself is what you see in the world.
What is a proverb?
A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience.