Botswana motto is PULA, which means rain in Setswana.
Botswana Facts Snapshots Info and Tourist Attractions
Botswana adopted its new name at independence in 1966
10 Interesting Facts Photos Information Botswana
1. Botswana population is around 2 million people.
2. Citizens of Botswana are known as Batswana.
3. While English is the official language and Setswana the national language, there are over 20 other languages spoken in Botswana.
4. In 1867 European gold prospectors arrive, mining begins. In 1885, British proclaim a protectorate called Bechuanaland.
5. Botswana adopted its new name at independence in 1966.
6. Sparsely populated, Botswana protects some of Africa's largest areas of wilderness.
7. The Okavango swamps form the world's largest inland delta.
8. In Botswana, Safari-based tourism is an important source of income.
9. Botswana is the world's largest producer of diamonds.
10. In 2015 HIV infection rate fell to 22.2%; Botswana no longer has the world's highest rate of infection for ages 15-49.
Botswana Tourist Attractions by Region:
• Mokolodi Nature Reserve
• Gaborone Game Reserve
• Manyelanong Game Reserve
• The National Museum and Art Gallery
• Kgosi Sechele I Museum
• Manyana Rock Paintings
• Matsieng Footprints
• Livingstone Memorial – Kolobeng
• Lentswe La Baratani
• Oodi Weavers
• Thamaga Pottery
• Gaborone Dam
Eastern and Central Region
• Solomon's Wall
• Lepokole Hills
• Tswapong Hills
• Moremi Gorge
• Motlhabaneng Rock Paintings
• Letsibogo Dam
• Khama Rhino Sanctuary
• Shoshong Hills
• Khama III Memorial Museum
• Supa Ngwao Museum
• Khama Royal Residence and Cemetery
• Mashatu Game Reserve
• Central Kalahari Game Reserve
• Deception Valley
• Ghanzi Craft
• Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
• Khutse Game Reserve
• Kuru Museum and Cultural Centre
Makgadikgadi and Nxai Pans Region
• Ntwetwe Pan
• Kubu Island
• Nata Bird Sanctuary
• Makgadikgadi and Nxai Pan National Park
• Sowa Pan
• Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
• Nxai Pan National Park
• Baines Baobab
• Chobe National Park
• Seboba Water Rapids
• Pandamatenga Farms
• Lesoma Memorial Monument
• Kasane Hot Springs
• Chobe River
Moremi and Okavango Region
• Tsodilo Hills
• Moremi Game Reserve
• Gchwihaba (Drotsky's) Caves
• Aha Hills
• Nhabe Museum
|Botswana flag and Coat of Arms|